5.99 Performance

I’ve also heard (read actually) some rumors that KiCad V7 may get a GUI update with dockable toolbars.

KiCad V5.1.x already has two optional toolbars.
Pcbnew / View / Show Layers Manager
Pcbnew / View / Show Microwave Toolbar

And if they really annoy you:
In Linux the size of a program window is not limited to the resolution of your monitor, so it is possible to make the windows of Eeschema and Pcbnew just a little bit wider then the monitor itself, then press and hold the [Alt] key and position the program in such a way that the left and right toolbar are just off-screen.

And the same can also be done with the status area at the bottom of the screen and the Title bar, menu and toolbar at the top.

When I was still watching television I sometimes resorted to putting a piece of paper over the annoying icons of those TV broadcast stations, especially when they had any moving attributes in them. I’ve given up upon that a long time ago though and just don’t watch them at all anymore.

I also counted just 53 icons in Eeschema, and even a single million is quite a lot. I have a dual monitor setup, and even when the icons would be fully packed, there would be just enough space for:

2 * 1920 * 1200 / 32 / 32 = 4500.0

I would need a total of 445 monitors just to show a million icons

1 Like

I’m almost certain he’s after an interface like the one below:

1 Like

“Blurry/messy GUI” etc.;
I think that the problem is, at leat partially, that you have used EAGLE earler. The learning step to EAGLE is quite huge; much higher than the learning step to e.g. KiCad when I have used PCAD earler. So I think that the learning step from EAGLE to “anything” else is as high. In my opinion EAGLE does not look as anything else.

You can give the issue below an upvote to get more usable area on your monitor:

I tend to agree the icons are awfully Fisher-Price™ sized and wish we can fix that <.<

Go to Preferences > Preferences and you can fix this a little bit

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.