3D-Resistor Color Bands

I think I understand.
But I don’t understand what you mean by lower left corner. Is there something interesting?

If implemented, it would look like this in lower-left corner of panel.
The ‘results’ would display the values of the Selected Color Bands

ADDED:
I forgot to mention, before it’s finished, there will be a Multiplier Band (for total of 4 Bands, no Tolerance band)

Screen Shot 2023-02-07 at 08.21.19

I didn’t intend to do a continuous update but, now that I’m in the near-final stretch, I wanted to get feedback…

I decided to hold off on 4 color bands and value entry box. But, as a compromise I added a display of selected values as follows:

Given that from 0Ω to 999Ω, three Color-Band values will be needed and, beyond 999, meaning from 1,000 (1k) two bands will be for the value and third band will be multiplier value.

I may add comma’s where appropriate but, I like the clean look… I’ll consider feedback…

Thank’s

Update:

Code is 99% done (just some cleanup and tweaks based on adding Parts (see below). Then, the drudgery of posting it along with assorted comments/help… Probably will post at GitHub.

It’s been working well for about one week and I’ve had time to dial-in what I want and don’t want (my personal version does much more than what the Final-Released version will do). It’s now down to the Parts shown below and…

If you have a request for a Part that will need coloring (such as the bands on resistors and led-color), now would be a good time to make the request.

I decided against enabling users from using .STEP files that I didn’t create (I can only imagine the nightmare)…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.