3d models not rendering

Using 5.1.6 on Windows 10 and 3D models will not render in Kicad. I know this is a common topic but after hours of searching I still can’t find a solution.

Not in the 3d Viewer

Not in the preview

Or the Footprint Viewer

I’m 99.9% sure my library is fine however because when I use FreeCad step up all the 3d Models show with no issues.

Further more it used to kind of work 2 weeks ago, the previews of individual footprints never worked but they did show in the 3d viewer for the board.

About the only thing I can think that I have changed is I changed some securities settings in windows to make myself the owner of the kicad folder. I kind of doubt that has anything to do with this though.

Something looks stranger with the second image too… silk and cooper does is not rendering the track lines… ?..

The first thing to check is KISYS3DMOD path variable. Does it really point to the wanted location?

I had the same/similar problem and posted this at mid-page.

Judging by the wonky silkscreen on the second image, it could be something graphics driver related. Try a reboot. :safety_vest:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.