Question on Plot Settings and errors at PCBway

I recently started using KiCad 4.0.2-Stable on Windows 10. I have successfully used the Plot command to export Gerber files and produce PCBs at PCBWay for multiple orders using previous versions of KiCad and even had one successful production with this new version, but, all of a sudden they are telling me they can only see the drill file when they import my Gerber files into CAM350. The only change I made to a project that was successfully produced by PCBway last week was to add a filled zone on the bottom copper layer. I have tried every option I can think of and all my generated Gerber files show up just fine in GerbView and also other online Gerber viewing apps. Has anyone else had this problem and what should I check?

Here is a screen shot of my most recent plot and drill file settings. Thank you in advance for any help.

1 Like

I haven’t encountered this problem, so the following ideas are entirely guesses on my part:

• Do they expect a particular file-naming scheme? Is it compatible with the Protel names that you specified in the “Plot” options?
  • Are the Extended Gerber attributes fooling their CAM software?
  • (You DID remember to pack the new Gerber files into the Zip-archive you sent to PCBWay, didn’t you?)

Dale

Thanks Dale. I have used the same Protel Extension all along. I do always pack them in a ZIP file. Like I said, I have done 19 completed orders with them over the last year. I did just send them a set f files with the Extended Gerber attributes turned off. We will see what they say.

1 Like

Do they swap/change fab houses?
I know that Elecrow doesn’t use the same fab for every order…

The only option would be to compare gerbers from the new version with the gerbers that worked in the past and see what the differences are (notepad++ has got a compare tool built in).
So loading the projects, making new gerbers and then compare them… one file at a time.

Turning off Extended attributes seemed to work. Thanks for your reply. This forum was invaluable in helping get to the problem.

Some of those cheap fans appear to actually be agents for several third parties, so capabilities seem to be variable

I am having the same issue with them only seeing the DRL file at PCBway from KICAD

Same issue, same fix?