Problem with installing on Ubuntu 15.04 with Python Scripting

Can anyone offer some advice on how to enable python scripting when I build on Ubuntu 15.04?

I have used the kicad-install.sh script to successfully build kicad, and can also manually build it. What I can’t do is enable scripting. Uncommenting the following line has no effect on scripting being included in the build:

OPTS="$OPTS -DKICAD_SCRIPTING=ON -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON"

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Lee

cmake -KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON -KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON -KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON …/

works for me on mint

Hi Michal
I’ve tried that but it still doesn’t seem to work.
Lee

Make sure you have wxgtk 3.0 and wxpython 3.0

Try edit CMakeLists.txt:

option( KICAD_SCRIPTING
“Build the Python scripting support inside KiCad binaries (default OFF).”
ON)

option( KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES
“Build KiCad Python modules that can be used from scripting languages (default OFF).”
ON)

option( KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON
“Build wxPython implementation for wx interface building in Python and py.shell (default OFF).”
ON)

Hi Michal

I tried editing CMakeLists.txt as you suggested. I uninstalled, reinstalled and repeated a few times. I tried using the kicad-install script and also installing manually. None of these worked. What did work is editing CMakeCache.txt. After doing this and then running make, Kicad then built with scripting

Thanks
Lee

Hi @leestanton. I had the same problem and I solved this, downloading again the source, and run the following.
cmake -DKICAD_SKIP_BOOST=YES -DKICAD_SCRIPTING=ON -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON …/
I have ArchLinux and install:

• boost 1.58
  • swig 3.0.7
  • wxpython2.8 2.8.12
  • wxgtk 3.0.2