Is it possible to have part of a circuit with no assoc PCB?

I’ve created a simple design with PCB. Now I would like to add a few components to the schematic for understanding the function of the design, and not to be part of the PCB (or any PCB).

As I understand hierarchical schematics, each portion is in its own “sheet” and would be unduly complex for my purposes.

Is there any attribute that would disconnect a comonent form the transfer into PCBnew?

Quote:

By convention, every symbol in which the reference field starts with a # will not appear in the symbol list or in the netlist and the reference is declared as invisible.

Source:
http://docs.kicad.org/5.1.0/en/eeschema/eeschema.html

Also:
If you’re more than an occasional user of KiCad it will improve your productivity and understanding if you spend some time reading more of the documentation.

Thank you for the info.

I do read the documents but I have two impediments:

1. Kicad is very intuitive and I’ve used other programs before so I start with an attitude :slight_smile:
  2. The documents are pretty complete and I can only absorb so much at a time.

Another problem is that I will soon run out of things to make PCB’s for :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.