Back Copper Layer has shifted!

Hello folks, here’s a stumper!

I opened a PCB on which I had been working for a few days, and the Back Copper layer has shifted UP quite a bit! I have no Idea HOW I did it, or how to undo it, except to start over.

I’ll try to show a picture:

Any Ideas???

Move it back and hit “b” to refill it.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s too easy to select a zone by accident with other items, especially if it’s in don’t-show-filled mode. Then it’s too easy to move it without being noticed. Bu that doesn’t explain the tracks. I can’t see any other reason than that you have had only the back copper selectable - either in high contrast mode or footprints etc. hidden - and you have drawn a selection box and moved everything. But even that would have been difficult because it would have required very accurate vertical mouse movement or moving with arrow keys.

Are you sure you don’t have a cat who walks on your keyboard and touchpad?

Anyways, you can move them back as hermit said. Swith to high contrast mode and select the back copper layer. Then draw the selection box around all green copper and move them back.

1 Like

The screenshot looks like everything on the back layer including tracks was moved. Not only zones.

Or more likely: The back copper layer was hidden and the footprints were moved.

It might therefore be easier to move all footprints back than to move the copper layer. (use block select -> right click -> filter selection -> deactivate everything except footprints -> move as close as you can get it to the original position.)

1 Like

Thanks, folks, the FILTER SELECTION dialog seemed to be the answer to my dilemma!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.